[Dovecot] Disable IMAP for ONE user only

Professa Dementia professa at dementianati.com
Mon May 5 20:13:16 UTC 2014

On 5/5/2014 1:05 PM, SIW wrote:
> Thats a good point.
>
> If I block IMAP/SMTP access to ONE user does that mean that particular
> user can't use Roundcube anymore?

That is correct.  If you block IMAP, then webmail will not work.

Webmail clients are just IMAP proxies.  If the roundcube you want the
user to utilize is running on a specific server, then you can allow IMAP
only from the IP address of that server.

However, usually when I hear an admin wanting to restrict only one user
to some limited access option, it is usually a policy issue and not a
technical one.  Trying to employ a technical solution is usually the
wrong way of doing it.

Why are you trying to limit just this one user?

Dem