[Dovecot] Performing an action on mail receipt

Jiri Bourek bourek at thinline.cz
Thu May 15 12:07:50 UTC 2014

On 14.5.2014 13:29, Axel Luttgens wrote:
> Le 14 mai 2014 à 11:41, Jiri Bourek a écrit :
>
>> [...]
>> AFAIK PigeonHole can read scripts only from file. Being able to use SQL database as data source would sure be nice and I recall there was some short discussion about it, but - again, AFAIK - it was never added as a feature.
>
> Hello Jiri,
>
> Just in case, since I've never tried myself...
>
> This file:
>
> 	http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole/file/689db87e26f2/doc/script-location-dict.txt
>
> is systematically installed here as:
>
> 	share/doc/dovecot/sieve/script-location-dict.txt
>
> May perhaps be of interest?
>
> Axel

Guess I'm not used to looking into that "doc" directory anymore, Google
usually knows everything. So thanks, but it's too late for me, already
have the generator in place.

Btw. gave it a try anyway on test system and found out a bit unexpected
behaviour: sieve script described with everything on one line (below) works

require ["fileinto"]; fileinto "testfolder";

However when you split it to multiple lines (so it looks nice in the
DB), the interpreter does nothing (I guess it only uses first line and
ignores everything else)

I.e. this:

require ["fileinto"];
fileinto "testfolder";

doesn't work

Mentioning just in case someone as confused as I was stumbles into this
thread.