[Dovecot] Plugin mail-filter tangles

Stanislas SABATIER s.sabatier at pobox.com
Mon May 26 12:12:43 UTC 2014

Le 26/05/2014 12:19, Axel Luttgens a écrit :
> Now, from you Postfix setup description, you define dovecotfeed as a
> unix service:
>> dovecotfeed unix -       -       n       -       2       lmtp
>>  -o lmtp_send_xforward_command=yes
>>  -o lmtp_tls_security_level=may
>
> but the virtual_transport seems to be overriden by a transport_maps query returning an inet thing:
>
>> dovecotfeed:[9.9.9.9]:26
> Wouldn't you have another definition for dovecotfeed somewhere else (in which case this could explain the ineffectiveness of '-o lmtp_destination_recipient_limit=1')?
dovecotfeed unix is the normal configuration to define a lmtp client
that will forward emails to [9.9.9.9]:26

> That said, if you currently have a single transport, perhaps could you try to just put
>
> 	lmtp_destination_recipient_limit=1
>
> into main.cf for testing purposes (works here as expected on my test machine).
I've already done that but it did change the behavior.
You said it works as expected on your test machine, but did you try to
exactly reproduce my case ? ie : having 3 different users within 3
different domains all managed by Dovecot. User1 sends an email to
someone outside and CC user2 and user3.
Because, if I send an email from an outside account to someone and CC
user2 and user3, everything is working perfectly at Dovecot's side, even
if Postfix is launching a single process to deliver the email !

> While I'm busy with those config matters, I also noticed:
>
>> service lmtp {
>>  inet_listener dovecot_lmtp {
>>    address = 10.10.10.10
>>    port = 26
>>    ssl = yes
>>  }
>>  process_min_avail = 5
>> }
You're right, SSL is not working on Dovecot's LMTP. I need to remove
this setting.

Regards,
Stan.