[Dovecot] Corrupted Mail?

Arthur Dent arthurdent.london at gmail.com
Tue May 27 17:27:09 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-05-27 at 16:45 +0200, Patrick De Zordo wrote:

> You would *really* not change do Maildir format?
> It's not so difficult to switch over.. and you will have working and simple mailfolders.. (also backup and restore would be a simple task)..
>
> So, why won't you change at all?

Well - the more I read about this, the more I think you're right.
Perhaps I should convert to Maildir - but I'm terrified...

I have seen that there is a script - mb2md - that I can use, but what
changes do I need to make elsewhere?

I get my mail from a variety of ISP and online email accounts using
fetchmail. I guess there's no change needed there?

That feeds into procmail. I think I will have to change the mail
procmail configuration file and ALL my procmail recipe rc files (I have
many) - which filter into several different mboxs?

Within one of the procmail recipes I call spamassassin and clamscan.
Will they be a problem?

Then Dovecot. What changes do i need to make within Dovecot?

What about the clients? Do I need to configure squirrelmail, Evolution
or iPad/iPhone email clients?

I archive old mail using archivemail. I think this can cope with maildir
format, but it archives to a mbox - which I guess is not a problem
except when I want to retrieve something from the archive - but I think
I can use Mutt for that?

Is there anything else I should consider?

I have the day off tomorrow. I might have a go - what do you think?

Thanks

Mark