[Dovecot] Corrupted Mail?

Sven Hartge sven at svenhartge.de
Wed May 28 12:27:16 UTC 2014

Larry Stone <lstone19 at stonejongleux.com> wrote:
> On May 28, 2014, at 2:03 AM, Arthur Dent <arthurdent.london at gmail.com> wrote:

>> DELIVER=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver
>> DESTDIR=/home/mark/mail/
>> :0 w
>> * ^List-Id:.*users.lists.fedoraproject.org
>> | $DELIVER -m $DESTDIR/MLists/Fedora

> But that’s not exactly what was suggested above. It’s missing the “-d $USER”.

And I guess the mailbox name at -m is wrong.

This gets expanded to:

| /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d mark -m /home/mark/mail/MLists/Fedora

But with "-m" you have to use the mailbox name dovecot uses, which could
be for example

"INBOX.MLists.Fedora" or "INBOX/MLists/Fedora" or "MLists.Fedora" or
even "MLists/Fedora" depending on your namespace configuration.

I suggest to use "doveadm mailbox list" to find out what the dovecot
name of the target mailbox is.

Grüße,
Sven.

--