[Dovecot] Change to Maildir format (Was:Corrupted Mail?)

Arthur Dent arthurdent.london at gmail.com
Thu May 29 11:35:29 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-05-28 at 14:27 +0200, Sven Hartge wrote:
> Larry Stone <lstone19 at stonejongleux.com> wrote:
> > On May 28, 2014, at 2:03 AM, Arthur Dent <arthurdent.london at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> DELIVER=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver
> >> DESTDIR=/home/mark/mail/
> >> :0 w
> >> * ^List-Id:.*users.lists.fedoraproject.org
>
> > But that’s not exactly what was suggested above. It’s missing the “-d $USER”.
>
> And I guess the mailbox name at -m is wrong.
>
> This gets expanded to:
>
> | /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d mark -m /home/mark/mail/MLists/Fedora
>
> But with "-m" you have to use the mailbox name dovecot uses, which could
> be for example
>
> "INBOX.MLists.Fedora" or "INBOX/MLists/Fedora" or "MLists.Fedora" or
> even "MLists/Fedora" depending on your namespace configuration.
>
> I suggest to use "doveadm mailbox list" to find out what the dovecot
> name of the target mailbox is.

Thanks to everyone who helped me sort this out. This was the most
helpful reply - I had been trying both with and without the -d switch
without success. Using "doveadm mailbox list" showed me that the problem
was with the delivery address.

This is what I now have - and it works - Thanks to all:
:0 w
* ^List-Id:.*users.lists.fedoraproject.org
| /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d mark -m MLists/Fedora

Another two questions now please if I may:
1) I have tried both /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver
and /usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda and they both work. Are they
equivalent? If not which should I use?

2) Switching to maildir, should the new delivery line now read:
| /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d mark -m .MLists.Fedora/
(i.e. a dot before and after MLists and a trailing slash)?

Thanks again for all the help and support. Much appreciated...

Mark