[Dovecot] Change to Maildir format (Was:Corrupted Mail?)

Patrick De Zordo patrick at spamreducer.eu
Wed May 28 13:04:56 UTC 2014

This would be nice, yes, BUT never ever go to script this and let it run without manual assisting!

Since you are doing this the first time,
I would prefer to test this steps a) on a different server or at least b) with a testaccount.

Then you have to test all scripts and other special settings with this mailbox, till you can be sure it all went well.
Then "one-by-one" could be migrated.. (again, just 2-3 users..)
Recheck again..

> Have I missed anything?
>
> Procmail scripts:
> =================
>
> I am quite concerned about this. I have a directory structure such as:
>
> Home Inbox <-mbox
> Work Inbox <-mbox
> HobbyFile <-mbox
> Malware <-directory
>  L> Spam <-mbox
>  L> Virus <-mbox
> MLists <-directory
>  L> Fedora <-mbox
>  L> Dovecot <-mbox
>  L> Spamassassin <-mbox
>  L> ...etc...
>
> My current procmail recipe for one example look like this:
> 	:0:
> 	* ^List-Id:.*users.lists.fedoraproject.org
> 	$DESTDIR/MLists/Fedora
>
> I'm guessing it would need to change to:
> 	:0
> 	* ^List-Id:.*users.lists.fedoraproject.org
> 	$DESTDIR/.MLists.Fedora/
>
> Is that right???
> (Note: remove locking colon ":" and use of "." and trailing "/" in path)

I'm not using procmail, but it seems that procmail is pasting the messages directly in to the maildirectory; this is *VERY* bad,
since every message should (or better have to) be delivered by dovecot himself into the maildirectory. (for example for indexing purpose, caching, ..)
Something like:
	:0 w