[Dovecot] Change to Maildir format

Sven Hartge sven at svenhartge.de
Thu May 29 11:48:48 UTC 2014

Arthur Dent <arthurdent.london at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2) Switching to maildir, should the new delivery line now read:
> | /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d mark -m .MLists.Fedora/
> (i.e. a dot before and after MLists and a trailing slash)?

That depends on the namespace configuration in dovecot.

An excerpt from the output of "doveadm mailbox list" on my server looks
like this:

[...]
Admin.DVZ
Admin.DVZ.server
Admin.DVZ.server.events
Admin.DVZ.server.events.nagios
Admin.DVZ.server.events.nagios.FM
Admin.DVZ.server.events.nagios.dkm
Admin.DVZ.server.events.nagios.verw
Admin.DVZ.server.events.nagios.net
Admin.DVZ.server.events.nagios.sonstiges
[...]

And my namespace configuration:

namespace inbox {
  hidden = no
  inbox = yes
  list = yes
  location = maildir:~/Maildir
  prefix =
  separator = .
  subscriptions = yes
  type = private
}

Depending on your "prefix" and "separator" settings the names of the
mailboxes change.

Again: use "doveadm mailbox list" to find out, what the names should be.

Grüße,
S°

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.