[Dovecot] dovecot: lda(foo): Error: User foo doesn't have home dir set, disabling duplicate database

Christian Hoffmann christian at lehrer-hoffmann.de
Sat May 31 17:35:22 UTC 2014

Hello Pascal,

but I didn't configure a userdb with driver=ldap. There is only one
userdb with driver=static and I assumed, that every user gets the same
uid, gid and a valid home directory.

Are there some circumstances, that different passdb-drivers treated in
special relation to userdb-drivers? Like, one have to configure a
userdb-driver=ldap if one uses a passdb-driver=ldap. But the
passdb-driver=pam looks into userdb-driver=static. That is the part, I
do not understand.

Greetings
Christian