Found It - Re: spam folder and POP users

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Nov 20 22:51:20 UTC 2014

> I am new to actually running dovecot.  I actually still use POP as I
> have for YEARS and thunderbird does not make it easy to convert to
> IMAP...
>

> My server is moving all tagged spam into the IMAP spam folder. Very
> nice for the IMAP users, but not for the POP users.  Of course the
> server don't know, and the mysql database for users does not have any
> flags for this.  Don't want my server to fill up with spam from POP
> users that don't know to check via IMAP.
>
> I am using roundcubemail for the webmail IMAP client.  Is there any
> way for POP users to indicate that they do not want spam so nicely
> auto moved to the IMAP spam folder?

Obviously I picked this up and did not think through the results. Seemed
good at the time...

mkdir /home/sieve
cat <<EOF>/home/sieve/globalfilter.sieve || exit 1
require "fileinto";
   if exists "X-Spam-Flag" {
           if header :contains "X-Spam-Flag" "NO" {
           } else {
           fileinto "Spam";
           stop;
       }
   }
   if header :contains "subject" ["***SPAM***"] {
     fileinto "Spam";
     stop;
   }
EOF