Probably K9 not Outlook - Re: Outlook 2010 not connecting to secure POP3

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Nov 23 22:59:43 UTC 2014

Am 23.11.2014 um 23:30 schrieb Robert Moskowitz:
> On 11/23/2014 04:45 PM, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>> Am 23.11.2014 um 22:33 schrieb Reindl Harald:
>>> no idea what you are talking about
>>>
>>> K9 is a android client and works fine with TLS
>>>
>>> no idea what has "https" to do with email nor why someone needs to
>>> "disable K9 long enugh" whatever "long enough" is - don't get me wrong
>>> but most technical context on several lists of you if it comes to
>>> details is cluttered and your permanently "i am working on IETF" even
>>> makes things worser
>> Yeah, such descriptions are leading to confusion, speculation
>> k9 got mail downloaded before outlook could....no idea why sombody
>> should use k9 with pop3
>
> And I did not know there was a K9 android app.  K9 like in guard dogs.

that's why you should be precise in what you are posting - in context of
mail K9 is for pretty anybody
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fsck.k9

> The default settings only allow https stuff on port 443.  Must be some
> attempt to get around controls to use TLS on any other port.

uhm "telnet server port" is still the way to go *before* start other
debuggings, if that don't work no need to try a high level client until
that problem is solved