Probably K9 not Outlook - Re: Outlook 2010 not connecting to secure POP3

Bertrand Caplet bertrand.caplet at chunkz.net
Sun Nov 23 23:35:46 UTC 2014

> Well, since this was a secure connection test, needed openssl for the
> connect, not telnet.  And how to do that on Windows?  I DID try it on
> this F20 notebook, and of course it worked just fine.  That was why I
> really suspected Windows TLS functions.  Then when I was trying again, I
> caught a little pop up in the system tray saying how the nanny software
> was blocking the bad program that was trying to do https to port 995...
Hey Robert,
There is a command on linux to test ssl/tls smtp server :
openssl s_client -connect mail.example.com:port -starttls smtp

You just need openssl for windows here :
http://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

Let me know if this is working.
Regards
--
CHUNKZ.NET - casual fiddler and computer technician
Bertrand Caplet, Flers (FR)