slow incremental indexing of maildirs with squat

vitalif at yourcmc.ru vitalif at yourcmc.ru
Tue Nov 25 13:48:24 UTC 2014

Hi!

I'm using Dovecot 2.1.7 on Debian Wheezy 32-bit (package version is
1:2.1.7-7+deb7u1) with maildirs.

My problem is that the incremental indexing of maildirs with squat takes
a very long time... I don't know if it reindexes anything, but it seems
it iterates though all messages on each search query and reads them. It
works fast only on successive queries within several minutes, probably
because of the messages being in cache.

What do you think, is it a bug?

--
With best regards,