slow incremental indexing of maildirs with squat

Marc Stürmer mail at marc-stuermer.de
Wed Nov 26 07:37:45 UTC 2014

Zitat von vitalif at yourcmc.ru:

> Hi!
>
> I'm using Dovecot 2.1.7 on Debian Wheezy 32-bit (package version is
> 1:2.1.7-7+deb7u1) with maildirs.
>
> My problem is that the incremental indexing of maildirs with squat
> takes a very long time... I don't know if it reindexes anything, but

Quoting from the Wiki: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/FTS/Squat

NOTE: The Squat code is quite slow for large mailboxes. There are also
a few bugs that are unlikely to be fixed. In v2.1+ it's recommended to
use fts-lucene instead.

-----

So you should do what the wiki does suggest, either switching to
Lucene or Solr.