Trouble getting listescape plugin to work with "$" separator (as demonstrated in Wiki) in Dovecot 2.2.9

Teemu Huovila teemu.huovila at dovecot.fi
Thu Oct 2 13:57:57 UTC 2014

On 10/01/2014 09:43 PM, Ben Johnson wrote:
> Ultimately, I have two questions:
>
> 1.) Is the nesting structure that I've employed correct? The Wiki 2 page
> is not clear with regard to the nesting; is it correct to put the
> "namespace" block inside the "protocol imap" block, as I demonstrated above?
I think it would be better, if you put the namespace configuration at the top level. See
http://master.wiki2.dovecot.org/Namespaces or 10-mail.conf and 15-mailboxes.conf, that are located in the
doc/example-config/conf.d/ directory of the Dovecot sources, for more examples.

> 2.) Is it possible to escape the dollar sign so that it can be used as
> the separator?
There was a mistake in the wiki. You should quote the $ like this: "$".

br,
Teemu Huovila