Question wrt. dovecot replicator

Jan Behrend jbehrend at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Fri Oct 10 12:45:43 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-10-03 at 23:37 +0200, Remko Lodder wrote:
> [...]

Same problem here!

> >> Look for any errors and warnings in the Dovecot log. You could also enable mail_debug (ref.

> >> I do not know what kind of userdb you are running, but there is a newish patch that enables per user replication via the
> >> mail_replica setting. It is not yet included in the newest (2.2.13) release of Dovecot, but is available via the enterprise
> >> version. There are no FreeBSD builds for that, though. ref: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/c1c67bdc8752
> >
> > my userdb consists of local users (Which are fed through LDAP at the backend). perhaps I can setup a mailAttributes setting or something so that the replica can be
> > set, although I prefer that I have control over that in the config itself :-)

With the latest Debian jessie version 1:2.2.13-5 you can actually have a
per user mail_replica setting taken from a (LDAP) directory.  This keeps
the duplicate mail issue away from other users but a few willing to
test ...

> For what it’s worth:
>
> replication_dsync_parameters = -f -d -N -l 30 -U

I read in Peer Heinlein's Dovecot book
http://www.opensourcepress.de/de/produkte/Dovecot/13560/978-3-95539-074-7
that replicating a public namespace gives you trouble :-(. So keep the
"-N" option away for now.

However I would like examples for the "-n" and "-x" options, which are
neither given in the wiki nor in the nonexistant man page.

I think the replication feature is very, very cool, but right now it
gives me a hard time to implement flawlessly ;-)

Thanks for any help or light shed on this issue ...

Cheers Jan

--
MAX-PLANCK-INSTITUT fuer Radioastronomie
Jan Behrend - Rechenzentrum