Dovecot domain quota

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Mon Oct 13 09:11:03 UTC 2014

On 10/13/2014 04:47 AM, Jiri Bourek wrote:
>> As a hack: you can just not run quota recalc ;-) or more realistically,
>> separately track user quotas individually (you really should!), and post
>> recalc immediately update the domain by running something like
>> update domain_quota set bytes=(select sum(bytes) from user_quota where
>> username like '%@debian.jd') where domain='debian.jd';
>
> This won't accout for changes made during the recalc - although to my
> knowledge it's still the best solution in this type of configuration.
We're talking about making the domain quota equal to the sum of the user
quotas, using a single SQL statement. After execution of this statement,
the domain quota will be correct, assuming that the user quotas are
correct. If recalc doesn't account for changes done during the recalc,
then that's a bug.