Dovecot domain quota

Jiri Bourek bourek at thinline.cz
Mon Oct 13 11:49:00 UTC 2014

On 13.10.2014 11:11, Gedalya wrote:
> On 10/13/2014 04:47 AM, Jiri Bourek wrote:
>>> As a hack: you can just not run quota recalc ;-) or more realistically,
>>> separately track user quotas individually (you really should!), and post
>>> recalc immediately update the domain by running something like
>>> update domain_quota set bytes=(select sum(bytes) from user_quota where
>>> username like '%@debian.jd') where domain='debian.jd';
>>
>> This won't accout for changes made during the recalc - although to my
>> knowledge it's still the best solution in this type of configuration.
> We're talking about making the domain quota equal to the sum of the user
> quotas, using a single SQL statement. After execution of this statement,
> the domain quota will be correct, assuming that the user quotas are
> correct. If recalc doesn't account for changes done during the recalc,
> then that's a bug.

Well if I understand OP's configuration correctly, his Dovecot is not
using per-user quotas, which means that when recalc finishes for a
mailbox, nothing is updating information about that mailbox. I don't
think that's a bug in recalc, just defficiency in OP's setup.

Although after reading your post again I now understood you suggested to
add per-user quotas into his Dovecot's config too. My bad, that could work.