Fwd: Re: Wiki advice on running getmail on INBOX access - how does that work?

c128 mail c128.mail at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 22:46:33 UTC 2014

Thanks - not so off-topic at all, just looking for a good solution
really to move away from using crontab to pull every 2 minutes.

I'm currently using getmail to pull from about 10 accounts - haven't
used fetchmail for quite some time, but that's definitely something to
look into.

Semi-related...I know there's also this:

https://github.com/marschap/fetchmail_wakeup

...which does have a getmail script.

I'm sure it's fine, but I'm semi-put off by the fact that it's not a
dovecot-distributed plugin, so I wonder how it fares with upgrades etc.

Still kind of wondering whether anyone has the incrontab approach
working on a system though...