90-sieve.conf syntax - moving from v2.0.x to v2.2.x

Mon Oct 20 16:59:08 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm currently running version v2.0.x in production (using Maildir
storage) and it's been working well. I'm interested in moving to version
2.2.x and am preparing a test server to do so. As I have been merging
the conf file changes between the two versions I noticed syntax changes
for the 90-sieve.conf file.

There are now 'locations' and presumably to keep referring to local
content I'll need to use the 'file:' location type.

On my production box (v2.0.x) I have 90-sieve.conf configured like so:

sieve = /var/vmail/sieve/%d/%n/.dovecot.sieve
sieve_default = /var/vmail/sieve/global.sieve
sieve_dir = /var/vmail/sieve/%d/%n/sieve_dir

Inside of the /var/vmail/sieve/%d/%n/ directory (i.e.,
/var/vmail/sieve/example.com/testuser/) I find:

drwxr-xr-x 3 vmail vmail   64 Oct 19 12:07 .
drwxr-xr-x 9 vmail vmail  101 Jun 21 10:47 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 vmail vmail   25 Jun 21 11:10 .dovecot.sieve ->
sieve_dir/roundcube.sieve
-rw------- 1 vmail vmail 3694 Oct 19 12:07 .dovecot.svbin
drwx------ 3 vmail vmail   38 Oct 19 11:58 sieve_dir

and that works well.

I look at the current wiki documentation:

     http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Configuration

and I find that the 'seive_dir' conf option is still listed, but the
comments for it appear very similar to the comments that precede the
'sieve' conf option in the stock 90-sieve.conf file:

   # The location of the user's main Sieve script or script storage. The
LDA
   # Sieve plugin uses this to find the active script for Sieve filtering
at
   # delivery. The "include" extension uses this location for retrieving
   # :personal" scripts. This is also where the ManageSieve service will
store
   # the user's scripts, if supported.

Assuming that the 'sieve' and 'sieve_dir' conf settings have not been
merged into just 'sieve' (and that I need to use the 'file:' location
specifier), is this how I would configure the two settings for Dovecot
2.2.x?

sieve = file:/var/vmail/sieve/%d/%n;active=~/.dovecot.sieve
sieve_dir = file:/var/vmail/sieve/%d/%n/sieve_dir

If the two have been merged, how would I go about configuring the
90-sieve.conf file to get the same results?

Thanks for your help.