SMTP authentication setup

Brian bstringfellow at bobcad.com
Tue Oct 21 12:40:47 UTC 2014

At my company we've had a longstanding problem of not being able to send
email from devices outside of our internal network and any specific IP
address that we open the relay to. As it turns out, SASL has never been
set up. I need to set up SASL ASAP but none of the guides I've found
seem to work.
This is the latest guide I tried:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/PostfixAndDovecotSASL
I did everything on here minus the last part because it's on the same
server.

Also, instead of
submission inet n - - - - smtpd
I did:
127.0.0.1:1025 inet n - - - - smtpd

After all is done, however, I'm unable to send any mail. Thunderbird
just says sending message but doesn't send and I don't even get an
error. I end up having to disable SASL again before I can send mail.

Dovecot version 2.0.9
Postfix version 2.6.6
CentOS 6
I have Postfix, Dovecot, and ASSP on the same server.

Thanks everyone.

--
This email was Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway. http://www.sophos.com