v2.2.15 released

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at debian.org
Sat Oct 25 06:50:51 UTC 2014

On Fri, 24 Oct 2014, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Some small fixes and changes to v2.2.14. This release is mainly in the
> hope that it could still make it into the next Debian stable instead of
> v2.2.14 - mainly because of a couple of new assert crashes that started
> happening in v2.2.14 and should be fixed now.

Timo,

FYI at the moment we think we will probably go with 2.2.13.  That there
are still assert crashes in the latest release makes us a little bit
concerned if we should use that so close to the freeze.  (Effectively this
Sunday for new upstream releases.)

In your honest opinion are we being overcautious?  Are there any
compelling reasons we must go with 2.2.15 for Jessie or will 2.2.13 be
adequate?

Also I have one minor issue to report.  dovecot broke API from 2.2.13 to
2.2.14 but it only provides version macros for the first two components
of the version number.  This has caused a small upgrade problem for the
antispam plugin which is in a separate package (dovecot-antispam.) Was
that addressed in 2.2.15?

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at debian.org>