v2.2.15 released

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Sat Oct 25 07:11:33 UTC 2014

Am 25.10.2014 um 08:50 schrieb Jaldhar H. Vyas:
> On Fri, 24 Oct 2014, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
>> Some small fixes and changes to v2.2.14. This release is mainly in the
>> hope that it could still make it into the next Debian stable instead
>> of v2.2.14 - mainly because of a couple of new assert crashes that
>> started happening in v2.2.14 and should be fixed now.
>>

> Timo,
>
> FYI at the moment we think we will probably go with 2.2.13.  That there
> are still assert crashes in the latest release makes us a little bit
> concerned if we should use that so close to the freeze.  (Effectively
> this Sunday for new upstream releases.)
>
> In your honest opinion are we being overcautious?  Are there any
> compelling reasons we must go with 2.2.15 for Jessie or will 2.2.13 be
> adequate?
>
> Also I have one minor issue to report.  dovecot broke API from 2.2.13 to
> 2.2.14 but it only provides version macros for the first two components
> of the version number.  This has caused a small upgrade problem for the
> antispam plugin which is in a separate package (dovecot-antispam.) Was
> that addressed in 2.2.15?

my opinion go 2.2.15, lots of people want to use debian sources only ,
but ask for help on this list for allready fixed stuff if debian
versions are much older then recent versions. Dovecot is used in simple
up to very complex setups, so no wonder there will be patches ever.

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--
[*] sys4 AG