v2.2.15 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Oct 25 07:41:40 UTC 2014

On 24 Oct 2014, at 23:50, Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at debian.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Oct 2014, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
>> Some small fixes and changes to v2.2.14. This release is mainly in the hope that it could still make it into the next Debian stable instead of v2.2.14 - mainly because of a couple of new assert crashes that started happening in v2.2.14 and should be fixed now.
>>

> Timo,
>
> FYI at the moment we think we will probably go with 2.2.13.  That there are still assert crashes in the latest release makes us a little bit concerned if we should use that so close to the freeze.  (Effectively this Sunday for new upstream releases.)
>
> In your honest opinion are we being overcautious?  Are there any compelling reasons we must go with 2.2.15 for Jessie or will 2.2.13 be adequate?

2.2.13 has many bugs that are definitely bad. I was going to make v2.2.14 only a few weeks afterwards, but then I just got more and more busy and it took forever to do the release. If you want to go with it, please use the dovecot-ee 2.2.13.31 release instead with many many important patches. I can put the .tar.gz somewhere if needed.

> Also I have one minor issue to report.  dovecot broke API from 2.2.13 to 2.2.14 but it only provides version macros for the first two components of the version number.  This has caused a small upgrade problem for the antispam plugin which is in a separate package (dovecot-antispam.) Was that addressed in 2.2.15?

I only remember an ABI problem with antispam. Recompiling fixed that AFAIK. (And no Dovecot version guarantees ABI compatibility.) Is there some API problem also?