dsync-server couldn't create .dovecot-sync.lock file

Listas@Adminlinux listas at adminlinux.com.br
Tue Sep 2 18:03:13 UTC 2014

My dovecot stores users' emails on /var/spool/imap/<user> and stores the
messages index on /var/lib/imap/<user>.

I have many users who do not yet have their userdb_home directories
created on the server, because that is created at the time of first login.

I'm testing dsync for replication and have seen the following error:

dsync-server(<user>): Error: Couldn't create lock
/var/lib/imap/<user>/.dovecot-sync.lock: No such file or directory

The /var/lib/imap/<user> directory does not exist yet and I think this
is the cause. How can I avoid this error message?

root at myserver2:/root# doveconf -n
# 2.2.9: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 3.13.0-30-generic x86_64 Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
auth_master_user_separator = *
auth_mechanisms = plain login
auth_username_chars =
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ01234567890.-_@=
auth_worker_max_count = 1
disable_plaintext_auth = no
doveadm_password = secret
doveadm_port = 12345
listen = myserver2.mydomain.com
log_path = /var/log/dovecot.log
login_greeting = MAILBOX IMAP/POP3 server
mail_fsync = never
mail_gid = dovemail
mail_plugins = " notify replication quota"
mail_uid = dovemail
passdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
   driver = sql
}
passdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql-master.conf.ext
   driver = sql
   master = yes
   pass = yes
}
plugin {
   mail_replica = tcp:myserver1.mydomain.com:12345
   quota = dict:User quota::file:/var/lib/imap/%n/dovecot-quota
   quota_rule = *:storage=1GB
}
protocols = imap pop3 lmtp
service auth-worker {
   user = $default_internal_user
}
service auth {
   client_limit = 1024
   process_limit = 1
   process_min_avail = 1
}
service doveadm {
   inet_listener {
     port = 12345
   }
}
service imap {
   process_limit = 1024
   process_min_avail = 1
}
service lmtp {
   inet_listener {
     address = myserver2.mydomain.com
     port = 24
   }
   process_limit = 256
   process_min_avail = 1
}
service pop3-login {
   inet_listener pop3 {
     address = myserver2.mydomain.com
     port = 110
   }
}
service pop3 {
   process_limit = 256
   process_min_avail = 1
}
service replicator {
   process_min_avail = 1
}
ssl = no
userdb {
   driver = prefetch
}
userdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
   driver = sql
}
protocol imap {
   imap_client_workarounds = tb-extra-mailbox-sep
   imap_idle_notify_interval = 2 mins
   imap_max_line_length = 64 k
   mail_max_userip_connections = 50
   mail_plugins = " notify replication quota imap_quota"
}
protocol lmtp {
   mail_fsync = optimized
   mail_plugins = " notify replication sieve quota"
}
protocol pop3 {