Trouble viewing Inbox via IMAP Client

Peter Cook peter at tripleseven.us
Tue Sep 2 19:12:37 UTC 2014

Hello, I have been having trouble with this issue for quite some time
now. Here is my environment: CentOS 6.5, Postfix built with PGSQL
support, PFA, and dovecot. The problem I am having is that I can send
and receive mail fine, but when I try to view my Inbox in an IMAP client
like Thunderbird, I can only view sent mail and trash. Here is the
result of my dovecot -- version and dovecot -n

--version  2.0.9

dovecot -n
# 2.0.9: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64 x86_64 CentOS release 6.5 (Final) ext4
auth_debug = yes
auth_debug_passwords = yes
disable_plaintext_auth = no
mail_location = maildir:/var/mail/vmail/%d/%n/
mbox_write_locks = fcntl
passdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
   driver = sql
}
passdb {
   driver = pam
}
protocols = imap pop3
service auth {
   group = postfix
     group = postfix
     mode = 0660
     user = postfix
   }
   user = postfix
}
ssl_cert = </etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.pem
ssl_key = </etc/pki/dovecot/private/dovecot.pem
userdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
   driver = sql
}