outlook 2013

Patrick Domack patrickdk at patrickdk.com
Wed Sep 10 00:35:11 UTC 2014

Quoting Bob Miller <bob at computerisms.ca>:

> I am trying really hard to wrap my head around why people insist on
> using this program...
>
> Where I have outlook 2013 users, I have had nothing but problems getting
> their mail to work with imap.  my solution has been to set them up with
> pop, which works just like it always has.  Or move them to a different
> program.

I have no idea what your doing to cause this issue :(

I have a normal install of dovecot running, and I have 3 webmail pages
open, 2 phones using imap, and a thunderbird connected to it. I
started with outlook 2007, then 2010, and now 2013 for the last 2
years or 3years (I upgraded to it in beta at first). I haven't had any
issues at all, I can delete emails, move emails, ..., and they
instantly change in the other programs.

I just use the normal outlook2013 config options for the account,
besides making sure the ssl settings are right.

I think I have only used it on the 2.2 branch though, what dovecot
version are you using?