outlook 2013

Bob Miller bob at computerisms.ca
Wed Sep 10 00:51:09 UTC 2014

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply.

> I have no idea what your doing to cause this issue :(
>
> I have a normal install of dovecot running, and I have 3 webmail pages
> open, 2 phones using imap, and a thunderbird connected to it. I
> started with outlook 2007, then 2010, and now 2013 for the last 2
> years or 3years (I upgraded to it in beta at first). I haven't had any
> issues at all, I can delete emails, move emails, ..., and they
> instantly change in the other programs.

I have several accounts that are used by a variety of different programs
and devices, as well, but the only program that gives me any problem is
outlook 2013.  And not quite consistently, on some few machines I have
seen it work the same as any other client.  This one particular case has
me quite baffled though.

> I just use the normal outlook2013 config options for the account,
> besides making sure the ssl settings are right.
>
> I think I have only used it on the 2.2 branch though, what dovecot
> version are you using?

# dovecot --version
2.2.13

sigh.  At least now I know it should be working, so I will keep
searching fior a solution...