migration from cyrus with dsync sieve problem

Alessandro Bono alessandro.bono at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 17:17:18 UTC 2014

Hi Jogi

Il 18/09/14 14:08, Jogi Hofmüller ha scritto:
> Hi Alessandro,
>
> Am 2014-09-15 um 16:07 schrieb Alessandro Bono:
>
>> i'm migrating a cyrus imapd server to dovecot with dsync
>> everyting seems working but sieve rules are not copied to dovecot server
>> I searched for documentation but without any luck
>> I use the configuration below with
> We are in the process of doing the same here.  After first trials with
> dsync we went to migrating with cyrus2dovecot.  For migrating sieve
> scripts we wrote a simple shell script.
>
> The main reason why we abandoned dsync is that it was just painfully
> slow.  I don't remember if it did (attempt) to syn sieve scripts.
>
> One thing that we still could not solve is that when migrating shared
> folders, all flags for all mail are set to unread.  Would be interesting
> if you use shared mailboxes and how you tackle this topic.
I can confirm that dsync not sync sieve script, I finished migration and
recreate sieve rules by hand  (and yes dsync it's really slow)
but a new problem appears, dovecot not support duplication suppression,
I partially solved with postfix parameter "enable_original_recipient =
no" but it's not a complete solution
I have to migrate another system with shared mailboxes but I still have
to configure the new server

--
Cordiali saluti

Alessandro Bono