dovecot´s multiple quota roots

Andreas Kasenides andreas at cymail.eu
Mon Sep 22 09:32:40 UTC 2014

I am trying to find out how Dovecot behaves when there are multiple
quota roots.
I could not find something authoritative on this.
For example, on a nicely running server that used fs quota I now have in
90-quota.conf

> plugin {
>   quota = fs:Mail Quota:user:mount=/Mail
>   quota2 = maildir:Mail User Quota
> }

When I do
> > doveadm quota get -u atrige01
> Quota name      Type    Value  Limit
>                         %
> Mail Quota      STORAGE 80036 204800
>                        39
> Mail User Quota STORAGE 79306      -
>                         0
> Mail User Quota MESSAGE   304      -
>                         0

Apparently both STORAGE quotas values are the same. The question is
which of the two
is being used by Dovecot. If I insert a limit on the maildir quota which
of the two will be used?
I am using Dovecot 2.2.12.

thank you