how to solve : Dovecot version mismatch: Master is v2.1.7, lmtp is v2.2.13

Dave Myers david.myers.24j74 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 10:32:51 UTC 2014

Hello again dovecot list ;)

I've recently upgraded my dovecot version from 2.1.7 to 2.2.13.
both versions where installed from source.

I upgraded why attempting to get lmtp working. I ultimately just coped
the executable lmtp to the location that dovecot was expecting it to be
in. but then the above error appeared.

However when I get the info from dovecot I get the following...

$ dovecot -n
# 2.2.13: /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf

so there seems to be an issue somewhere.

I should note that I had copied my previous /conf.d/ files and then
copied them back after the update.

I guess that I have missed a switch during the build, or need to modify
a line in the config somewhere that tells what the version is, but that
doesn't explain why the dovecot -n returns the correct info, but the
error reports something different.

I am considering inserting the
  version_ignore=yes
config option, but where should I insert it ?

Thanks in advance.

David

--
Tel: