how to solve : Dovecot version mismatch: Master is v2.1.7, lmtp is v2.2.13

David Myers david.myers.24j74 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 11:44:29 UTC 2014

@Reindl.

I copied my conf.d folder as I deleted all the dovecot files in etc/dovecot
use/etc/dovecot etc ... ...

When I installed the new 2.2.13 version it didn't seem to want to put the
lmtp executable into the location that dovecot was expecting ? So I found
the file and copied it to where it was expected to be.

I then copied my old (backed up) conf.d bact to etc/dovecot/conf.d/
Performed a restart of dovecot, and got the above error.

Quite simple really. But where else does dovecot store files, so as I can
get all the errant files.

David.