how to solve : Dovecot version mismatch: Master is v2.1.7, lmtp is v2.2.13

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Sep 22 11:53:07 UTC 2014

Am 22.09.2014 um 13:44 schrieb David Myers:
> @Reindl.
>
> I copied my conf.d folder as I deleted all the dovecot files in etc/dovecot
> use/etc/dovecot etc ... ...
>
> When I installed the new 2.2.13 version it didn't seem to want to put the
> lmtp executable into the location that dovecot was expecting ? So I found
> the file and copied it to where it was expected to be.

and there started your mistake

just test builds somewhere and realize if it comes to "so i found the
file and copied it" something went terrible wrong - that's why you
build usually *packages* - rpmbuild complains as long you have not
listed all files in the %files section or if there are listed ones
no longer built

for a clean upgrade you need to replace *every* file and
in doubt get rid of orphans - just build packages or use
a virtual machine with a snapshot to try as long you know
what lives where

> I then copied my old (backed up) conf.d bact to etc/dovecot/conf.d/
> Performed a restart of dovecot, and got the above error.
>
> Quite simple really. But where else does dovecot store files, so as I can
> get all the errant files.

/usr/bin/
/usr/lib64/dovecot
/usr/libexec/