[wishlist] testsuite for sieve scripts, libsievetest

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Mon Sep 22 14:01:13 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm writing a test suite with Haskell for my sieve script. - Just to learn
Haskell. But it might become something usable.

The test suite calls sieve-test and parses the output. So it would of course
be much simpler for me if the output of sieve-test would be easier to parse
and if I'd know what output to expect.

And it would be nice, if there would be an easy way to embed libsievetest as a
C library. I looked into the source and the sieve-test binary does quite a bit
of setup.

This might be a nice hacking project for a beginner... BTW: It would be nice,
if I could just 'git clone' dovecot.

Thank you for dovecot!