[wishlist] testsuite for sieve scripts, libsievetest

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Mon Sep 22 22:47:23 UTC 2014

On 9/22/2014 4:01 PM, Thomas Koch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm writing a test suite with Haskell for my sieve script. - Just to learn
> Haskell. But it might become something usable.
>
> The test suite calls sieve-test and parses the output. So it would of course
> be much simpler for me if the output of sieve-test would be easier to parse
> and if I'd know what output to expect.

Do you know there is a testsuite written in Sieve itself? Well, anyway,
it is always good when the code is tested more. :)

> And it would be nice, if there would be an easy way to embed libsievetest as a
> C library. I looked into the source and the sieve-test binary does quite a bit
> of setup.

There is a libsieve-tools, but that is not installed as a shared
library. I probably won't do anything like this until Dovecot itself
provides proper shared libraries for the core framework. I don't see
that happening any time soon.

> This might be a nice hacking project for a beginner... BTW: It would be nice,
> if I could just 'git clone' dovecot.

You can do 'hg clone', but yes, some people prefer git.

Regards,

Stephan.