director

Chris Lasater vorgusa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 21:07:17 UTC 2014

The configuration and run/base_dir directories can be where ever you
like.  The locations Eduardo stated are the most appropriate for dovecot
installed with an RPM.  Mine were compiled and set in the home
directory, so they are in a slightly different location.  As long as you
use the -c to point to the correct configuration file you should be good.
     For mine I kept my dovecot config file in the default location and
put the director one elsewhere and created an alias, so that I can start
the director by just typing director.  This might make things easier for
you to manage, then you can just stop it by running "doveadm -i
<instance_name> stop"

alias director="sudo -E PATH=${PATH} LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
/home/user/dovecot/sbin/dovecot -c
/home/user/dovecot/etc/dovecot/director.conf"