Dovecot Sieve and Postfix header_checks Issue

Klaipedaville on Google klaipedaville at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 16:18:25 UTC 2014

>it is true and besides the german legal letter below you violate a second law at the same time - that is why you have to run a spamfilter *before queue* and sa-milter exists - in case you reject a message
>the sending server is responsible for a bounce
>
>in case you accept and silently drop it you have a unacceptable configuration - independent of laws - in case of a important and time critical mail i need to know it was rejected and so can call the person by phone or try to >remove something which triggered a false positive
>
>there are two important rules for mail:
>
>a) if you accept it you have to deliver it
>b) if you can't deliver it you must not accept it
>
>if you follow b) you don't become a backscatter
>
>http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html

Yep, that's correct about point b). Plus, I also personally agree that rejecting is better, than having it silently discarded. Good thing is that I do not reside in Germany so I am safe on that

In fact, postfix before-queue content filter has limits in the amount of mail that a site can handle: http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_PROXY_README.html therefore legal part of this in Germany limits all German people on resources as every single person is forced to run before-queue filters which in my opinion has its own disadvantages on top of everything else and despite the laws as well.