Dovecot Sieve and Postfix header_checks Issue

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Sep 27 13:28:05 UTC 2014

Am 27.09.2014 um 15:16 schrieb Klaipedaville on Google:
>> Alex:
>> if it was
>>
>> ^From:.*\@.*\.tw$
>> it would not.
> $ is optional and it only means the end of expression, the rule works either with or without it in the problem I was trying to solve.
>
>> And again according to the man page, $ is usable:
>
>> "/^(.*)-outgoing@(.*)$/"
>
> This is again an option ($), not a must, the rule would be valid either way.

you are a ignorant fool

[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ postmap -q "From: bla at bla.tw" regexp:/home/harry/Desktop/bla.cf
REJECT

[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ postmap -q "From: bla at bla.twitter" regexp:/home/harry/Desktop/bla.cf
REJECT

[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ cat /home/harry/Desktop/bla.cf
/^From:.*\@.*\.tw/ REJECT

/^From:.*\@.*\.tw$/ REJECT

>> You seem to think that you are the worlds greatest regexp expert and to
>> be frank it comes off as a bit arrogant.

knowledge often comes arrogant to ignorant people

> I am not the world greatest regexp expert but definitely not the worst one

you are the worst one because you argue instead realize your error

> My rules work the way I want and need them to work. Period.

no they don't damned

> I have neither time no desire to prove that 2+2=4

no, but you telling us it's 5

> I will not clutter this list speaking off Dovecot issues any more as I feel sorry for time wasted for list readers

please do so