Couldn't set transaction log view (seq 9..13)

micah anderson micah at riseup.net
Wed Apr 1 18:59:26 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm using 2.2.13 on Debian stable, and I perform regular dsync
backups. Typically if there is an error, dsync can recover from it the
next time it is run, but I've been encountering a new error that doesn't
seem to self-heal:

# /usr/bin/dsync -u gae backup ssh -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa backmaildir at internal.example /usr/bin/dsync -u micah
dsync-remote(micah): Error: /srv/maildirbackups/m/micah/daily.1/mailboxes/INBOX/dbox-Mails/dovecot.index: Couldn't set transaction log view (seq 9..13)
dsync-remote(micah): Error: Failed to read transaction log for mailbox INBOX

Re-running the dsync never fixes the issue.

I'm happy to provide any additional information if so required to help
track down this problem!

micah