Dovecot 2.2.16: disappearing messages, mismatched summaries, duplicated messages, excessive full re-downloads

David Gessel gessel at blackrosetech.com
Sun Apr 19 02:34:06 UTC 2015

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Dovecot 2.2.16: disappearing messages, mismatched summaries, duplicated messages, excessive full re-downloads
From: David Gessel <gessel at blackrosetech.com>
To: Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
Date: Sat Apr 18 2015 20:35:40 GMT+0300 (Arabic Standard Time)

> THANKS TIMO!

Alas, it hasn't solved the problem - still getting duplicate messages in thunderbird.  So far it appears that mulberry is a little happier, but I find some messages are missing - such as the archive of the dovecot mailing list jumping from 2015-03-21 to 2015-04-14.

I tried # rm -r dovecot.id*

Would "maildir_broken_filename_sizes = yes" have any impact?  If it does, then I'd think your fix sizes script would be worth a try.

If all that fails - is there any reason to think that sdbox will be better behaved?

-David