Dovecot 2.2.16: disappearing messages, mismatched summaries, duplicated messages, excessive full re-downloads

Sun Apr 19 13:00:47 UTC 2015

Since you have confirmed that someone else you know is using it on
FreeBSD+ZFS without these problems, have you tried asking on the FreeBSD
support list(s)?

Seems like that may be your best bet, since it is certainly not a
generic dovecot problem (but may indeed be one or more of the settings
you are using)...

You could also go ahead and post the diff of your config and your
friends (I'm fairly sure this list is small attachment friendly, but I
recommend pasted it in the email body anyway) and see if anything jumps
out at anyone/Timo...