Error: User initialization failed

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Fri Aug 14 14:56:32 UTC 2015

On Aug 14, 2015, at 8:51 AM, @lbutlr <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:
> dovecot: lda(chance at example.com): Error: User initialization failed: Namespace '': Ambiguous mail location setting, don't know what to do with it: /usr/local/virtual/chance@ example.com (try prefixing it with mbox: or milder:)

Here’s the dovecot -n output

$ dovecot -n
# 2.2.18: /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE-p3 i386
auth_failure_delay = 5 secs
auth_mechanisms = PLAIN LOGIN
default_process_limit = 200
disable_plaintext_auth = no
first_valid_uid = 89
login_log_format_elements = user=<%u> %r %m %c
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
mail_max_userip_connections = 90
namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  mailbox Drafts {
    special_use = \Drafts
  }
  mailbox Junk {
    auto = subscribe
    special_use = \Junk
  }
  mailbox NotJunk {
    auto = subscribe
  }
  mailbox Sent {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox "Sent Messages" {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox Trash {
    special_use = \Trash
  }
  prefix =
}
passdb {
  driver = pam
}
passdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
  driver = sql
}
protocols = imap
service auth {
    mode = 0666
  }
}
service imap-login {
  inet_listener imaps {
    port = 993
    ssl = yes
  }
}
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/dovecot.pem
ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/dovecot.pem
ssl_protocols = !SSLv2 !SSLv3
userdb {
  driver = passwd
}
userdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
  default_fields = uid=vpopmail gid=vchkpw mail_location=/usr/local/virtual/%u mail=maildir:/usr/local/virtual/%u
  driver = sql
}

--
You start a conversation you can't even finish it
You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything