Multidomain / IP Address Setup (Dovevot 2.2.10 on CentOS7 ) is failing: Fatal: Couldn't parse private ssl_key: error:0906D06C:PEM

dravion.smith at gmx.net dravion.smith at gmx.net
Sun Aug 16 02:33:25 UTC 2015

Hi Ed,

Interresting setup. I like the way you striped it all down to just one
single file :-)

But can you explain why you use globally:

ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/dovecot.pem
ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/dovecot.pem

and certs for any additional Domain each?

##
local_name mail.pettijohn-web.com {
   ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/mail.pettijohn-web.com.crt
   ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/mail.pettijohn-web.com.key
}
##

I configured it the way you do, but within the default
/etc/dovecot/confd structure but
i had no luck. I testet local_name (SNI), local, local <IPv6> (dedicated
IPv6 Address but had no lock

Configinfo:
1) MTA (Postfix 2.10.1) and MDA (Dovecot 2.2.10) configured on IPv6
Addresses
2) The MTA and MDA are connected to MariaDB (the default MySQL
replacement on CentOS7 now for virtual domains, users, passwords, aliaes ect
3) Postfix uses Dovecots SASL Implementation and Postfix and Dovecot
talking via LMTP and UNIX Sockets.

Details:
### yum info postfix ###
Name        : postfix