Multidomain / IP Address Setup (Dovevot 2.2.10 on CentOS7 ) is failing: Fatal: Couldn't parse private ssl_key: error:0906D06C:PEM

Christian Kivalo ml+dovecot at valo.at
Sun Aug 16 05:31:11 UTC 2015

>But can you explain why you use globally:
>
>ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/dovecot.pem
>ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/dovecot.pem
>
>and certs for any additional Domain each?
>
>##
>local_name mail.pettijohn-web.com {
>   ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/mail.pettijohn-web.com.crt
>   ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/mail.pettijohn-web.com.key
>}
>##

he configured the top level "default" ssl_{cert,key} as requested by the documentation

i may quote myself

>from the dovecot ssl wiki page http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SSL/DovecotConfiguration

>Multiple SSL certificates
>Different certificates per IP and protocol
>
>[snip]
>
>Note that you will still need a top-level "default" ssl_key and ssl_cert as well, or you will receive errors.

i think, but untested, this default ssl_{cert,key} are used for those clients that don't support SNI (as with apache, which uses the cert of the first site).

>I configured it the way you do, but within the default
>/etc/dovecot/confd structure but
>i had no luck. I testet local_name (SNI), local, local <IPv6>
>(dedicated
>IPv6 Address but had no lock

it should make no difference whether you use one large config file or the conf.d structure.

your doveconf -n output would really be helpful

regards
- c