Duplicate mails with pop3 + dsync replication

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Mon Aug 17 11:26:30 UTC 2015

On 22/6/2015 9:49 am, Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote:

> It turns out that if I enable this option:
> pop3_deleted_flag = "$POP3Deleted”
>
> The issue no longer persists. I have to manually expunge the kept mails that have been deleted via pop3 though:
> doveadm expunge mailbox INBOX KEYWORD '$POP3Deleted' -A

Hello,

I was wondering if the same behavior persists with latest version(s),
for example 2.2.18.

If so, how do you overcome this issue? What is the suggested practice?

Can someone please provide administration guidelines to handle it?

I am seeing this behavior on v2.2.13; I am now planning an upgrade to
2.2.18.

Please advise!

My setup is:

Master 1:

    dsync_remote_cmd = ssh -l root master2.example.com doveadm
    dsync-server -u%u
    replication_dsync_parameters = -d -N -l 30 -U

    service aggregator {
       fifo_listener replication-notify-fifo {
         user = vmail
       }
       unix_listener replication-notify {
         user = vmail
       }
    }

    service replicator {
        unix_listener replicator-doveadm {
          mode = 0600
        }
    }

Master 2:

    dsync_remote_cmd = ssh -l root master1.example.com doveadm
    dsync-server -u%u
    replication_dsync_parameters = -d -N -l 30 -U

    service aggregator {
       fifo_listener replication-notify-fifo {
         user = vmail
       }
       unix_listener replication-notify {
         user = vmail
       }
    }

    service replicator {
       unix_listener replicator-doveadm {
         mode = 0600
       }
    }

Replication plugin is enabled on protocols pop3, imap, lda.

Thanks in advance,
Nick