Duplicate mails with pop3 + dsync replication

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Mon Aug 17 12:42:08 UTC 2015

On 17/8/2015 2:29 μμ, Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote:
>> I was wondering if the same behavior persists with latest version(s), for example 2.2.18.
> I don’t know, I have to deal with the packages that come with my distribution’s repository.
>
>> >If so, how do you overcome this issue? What is the suggested practice?
> All I can say is that it works for me with the above setting and a cron-job that runs every minute which expunges mails for the pop3 users.

Thank you for your reply. I am on CentOS 5 and 6, but I am building RPMs
for our test and production servers.

I recently built v2.2.18 and I decided to give it a try. (I run it with
postfix - also just upgraded to 2.11.6.)

The issue seems to not occur any more.

I had already tested on two test servers, and I hoped someone could
provide independent feedback before I decided to upgrade production
servers. However, I now also upgraded our two production servers and
things seem to be running smoothly.

All the best,
Nick