Deleting Public Mailbox?

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Thu Dec 17 14:53:20 UTC 2015

On Thursday 17 December 2015 12:12:56 Steffen Kaiser wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Dec 2015, Dag Nygren wrote:
>
> > What am I doing wrong here?
> >
> > Mission: Delete old empty sub mailboxes in our Public mailspace
> >
> > acl-file contents:
> >
> > MailingLists user=dag        lrwstipekxa
> > MailingLists/* user=dag        lrwstipekxa
> >
> > Didn't work from my mail client so tried:
> >
> > Command tried:
> >
> > % doveadm mailbox delete -s MailingLists/Glibc -u dag
> > doveadm(dag): Error: Can't delete mailbox MailingLists/Glibc: Permission
denied

> This looks like problems with the file system permissions.

Thanks!

But the files and directories are all owned by me (dag).

Also:
% doveadm acl get -u dag MailingLists
ID       Global Rights
user=dag        admin create delete expunge insert lookup post read write
write-deleted write-seen
%

But (in spite of the "MailingLists/* user=dag        lrwstipekxa")

% doveadm acl get -u dag MailingLists/Egcs
ID Global Rights
%

Isn't the MailingLists/* supposed to work?

Dovecot version is: 2.2.19

Best
Dag