Enabling mod-sequences

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at curecanti.org
Fri Feb 13 07:52:44 UTC 2015

Quoting Luca Bertoncello <lucabert at lucabert.de>:

> I have Dovecot 1.2.9 from Ubuntu repositories on my server.
> Now I installed Horde and it give me sometimes the error "Mailbox does not
> support mod-sequences".

This would happen if trying to do obtain MODSEQ on a mailbox that has
mod-sequences disabled.  That error should be caught and not be
user-visible (I recall fixing something like that a while back, but in
any case that's a topic for the Horde/IMP lists, not here).

> Well, I must say, that I didn't know these mod-sequences, but I can' know
> all...
>
> Well, the question now is: how can I enable the support of the mod-sequences
> on the mailboxes of my Server?

You probably do have mod-sequences available in general.  But for
whatever reason a particular mailbox doesn't support it.  This can be
do to a variety of reasons (e.g read-only access to underlying data
storage).

michael