Enabling mod-sequences

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Fri Feb 13 08:20:58 UTC 2015

Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>:

> Quoting Luca Bertoncello <lucabert at lucabert.de>:
>
>> I have Dovecot 1.2.9 from Ubuntu repositories on my server.
>> Now I installed Horde and it give me sometimes the error "Mailbox does not
>> support mod-sequences".
>
> This would happen if trying to do obtain MODSEQ on a mailbox that
> has mod-sequences disabled.  That error should be caught and not be
> user-visible (I recall fixing something like that a while back, but
> in any case that's a topic for the Horde/IMP lists, not here).
>
>> Well, I must say, that I didn't know these mod-sequences, but I can' know
>> all...
>>
>> Well, the question now is: how can I enable the support of the mod-sequences
>> on the mailboxes of my Server?
>
> You probably do have mod-sequences available in general.  But for
> whatever reason a particular mailbox doesn't support it.  This can
> be do to a variety of reasons (e.g read-only access to underlying
> data storage).

Hi Michael,

thank you for your answer.
Could you suggest me how can I find the problem?
On my Server I have a directory /var/spool/mail/ (permission 775,
owner exim, group mail).
Dovecot runs with user "dovecot" which is in group "mail".
The Mailbox directories have permission 755 and are owner from user
"exim" and group "mail".
In the directories there are a directory "Maildir" with the same
permissions and users, and in this directory the usual
maildir-structure.

Is somewhat false?

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello