"Temporary authentication failure" ? Cant connect with ldap user

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Wed Feb 25 11:11:09 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 25 February 2015 10:31:22 David Scheele wrote:
> Is there a good, foolproof dovecot-openldap tutorial that walks you through
> the steps and works with the newest version of both softwares?
> I'm giving up and starting anew.

> > On Tuesday 24 February 2015 10:51:44 David Scheele wrote:
> > > Hmm...

Well, I'm not sure.  As I said, you can take a look on my templates.
Openldap is maybe to flexible for us :) and the dovecot setup always depend
on openldap setup.. which depend on your distribution if you install it with
apt-get.
If you download my packages you don't need to install them but there are some
configuration templates you can see and modify.

If you have anonymous access you don't need to bind with admin credentials.

--
Mihai Bădici
http://mihai.badici.ro